See who has given an estimate at a glance when using asynchronous planning poker
For teams using Asynchronous Planning Poker, it's now easy to see who has given an estimate before your refinement meeting and who has not. In this release, the EstimatedBy field lists all users who have given an estimate in Smart Guess, and now the field works for all types of Projects and Card Decks:
- Company managed - project
- Team managed - project
- Fibonacci - card deck
- T-shirt estimates - card deck
'Estimated by' available at a glance in Company managed projects
In addition, the field can now be added to the Jira Backlog - Card layout for Company managed projects. By looking at your Jira Backlog, you can immediately see who is missing an estimate. Here is how this looks:
How the information is currently displayed will be improved by Atlassian. As the image shows, now full names are written out as a comma-separated list, which takes up a lot of space. Once Atlassian has improved on this, the field will be displayed like it is now being displayed within the Jira Issue view:
How it's set up for Company Manged projects
In three steps:
- Open Board settings
- Open Card layout
- Add the 'Estimated by' field to the Backlog - view
Problem: 'Estimated by' is not yet available at a glance in Team managed projects
For Team managed projects, this is not yet possible. However, this is an improvement planned by Atlassian.
Solution: Use Issue Search to access the status of estimates given quickly:
In the meantime, here is how you set up a JQL query to access this information efficiently.
- New issue field "Estimated by" automatically lists what users have provided an estimate in Smart Guess
- Create a simple issues search for your backlog using JQL
- "project = TEST order by rank"
- Replace the project key with your project
- Add the column "Estimated by" to screen
- Save your search for quick reference
Keeping this issue filter close by, with one click, you see the status of estimates given at a glance:
Updating to the latest version
To update to the latest version:
- Click "Apps -> Manage Apps" from the Jira top navigation
- Find "Smart Guess" in the list and click "Update."