Asynchronous estimation with Smart Guess just got better
Inspired by a recent discussion with a customer running asynchronous planning poker with his team. They explained that while team members love the autonomy of finding time on their own to give estimates, it is challenging for the team lead to get a quick overview of the team's progress in giving estimates. Until today, you had to open each issue to see who has given an estimate and who has not.
The following story was born:
- When using asynchronous estimation and before team meetings
- I (the team lead) want to quickly see status of estimates given
- So that I don't have to open each issue to find out
The following sketch was drawn:
Although the idea here is to add the custom field directly to the Jira Backlog - line item, as can be done on Jira Server, this is not possible on Jira Cloud at the moment. However, Atlassian this this on their roadmap, and we will let you know when it's live.
In the meantime, here is how you can quickly see who has given an estimate in Smart Guess:
Solution - quickly see the status of estimates given:
- New issue field "Estimated by" automatically lists what users have provided an estimate in Smart Guess
- Create a simple issues search for you backlog using JQL
- "project = TEST order by rank"
- Replace the project key with your project
- Add the column "Estimated by" to screen
- Save your search for quick reference
Keeping this issue filter close by, with one click, you see the status of estimates given at a glance:
Updating to the latest version
To update to the latest version:
- Click "Apps -> Manage Apps" from the Jira top navigation
- Find "Smart Guess" in the list and click "Update"
Share your thoughts: