Asynchronous estimation with Smart Guess just got better
A recent discussion inspired us with a customer running asynchronous planning poker with his team. They explained that while team members love the autonomy of finding time to give estimates, it is challenging for the team lead to get a quick overview of the team's progress. Because previously, you had to open each issue to see who has given an estimate and who has not.
The following story was born:
- When using asynchronous estimation and before team meetings
- I (the team lead) want to quickly see the status of the estimates given
- So that I don't have to open each issue to find out
We created the following sketch:
The new field, Estimated By, can be added directly to the Jira Backlog - Card layout - for Company managed projects, as can be seen here. However, for Team managed projects, Atlassian has this on its roadmap, and we will let you know as soon as it's when it's available.
In the meantime, when you are using Team managed projects, this is how you can quickly see who has given an estimate in Smart Guess:
Solution - quickly see the status of estimates given:
- New issue field "Estimated by" automatically lists what users have provided an estimate in Smart Guess
- Create a simple issues search for your backlog using JQL
- "project = TEST order by rank"
- Replace the project key with your project
- Add the column "Estimated by" to screen
- Save your search for quick reference
Keeping this issue filter close by, with one click, you see the status of estimates given at a glance:
Updating to the latest version
To update to the latest version:
- Click "Apps -> Manage Apps" from the Jira top navigation
- Find "Smart Guess" in the list and click "Update"